Silicoat E-104Typical Properties:
SILICOAT E - 104 is a clear, Silicone formulated solution which does not contain any CFC's and is RoHS compliant.The applied coating air dries in 10 minutes curing fully in 24 hours and provides a tough environmental resistant protective coating. It provides protection for printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies, electronic components and other substrates against moisture and corrosion. It protects and insulates electrical and electronic components and assemblies like control panels, solenoid coils, motors, transformers etc. Repair is easy as the coating is SOLDERABLE. It is typically used in applications with an operating range of -50oC to + 200oC.Specifications:
- Chemical Type: Modified Silicone resin
- Appearance: Transparent
- Color: Light straw
- Components: Single component - requires no mixing
- Cure: Room temperature cure (Air drying)
- Application: Conformal coating for Electrical Insulation of a surface.
- Packing: 500ml aerosol cans
Directions for use:
- Dielectric strength, IS : 10026(Pt.2), (KV/mm): 65
- Surface Resistivity, ASTM D 257-92, (Ω): >1016
- Volume Resistivity, IS: 10026(Pt.2), (Ω-cm): 3.7 x 1014
- Tack free time: 10 minutes at room temperature
- Shake container thoroughly before use. Surface should be thoroughly cleaned and dried before application. It is essential that surface be free from any trace of flux, grease or any other contaminants. Spray the board evenly by placing it at a distance of 15 to 20 cm from the nozzle. Rotating the board 180o and repeating the application will ensure best coverage.
- Applying the second coat after 10-15 minutes will yield optimal coating properties. The coating will air dry tack-free within 10 minutes at room temperature. Full cure requires 24 hours. Maximum coating properties will be achieved by curing @120oC for 1 hour in a ventilated oven after air cure of 2 hours.
Storage: The canisters shall be kept in a dry cool room below 30oC. Keep away from fire and heat.
Precautions: Keep the product away from fire and heat as it is highly inflammable. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and inhalation of vapors. In case of contact, wash the affected areas with soap and plenty of water. Do not pierce or puncture the can even after use.
Shelf life: 2 years in original unopened container
Warranty: The information contained herein is offered in good faith and is believed to be accurate. However, because conditions and methods of use of our products are beyond our control, this information should not be used as a substitution for customer's tests to ensure that our products are safe, effective and fully satisfactory for the intended end use. Our sole warranty is that the product will meet the sales specifications in effect at the time of shipment.